Eligibility Bachelors/Masters Degree
Freshers / Experience
Job Role Software Engineer - Big Data, Java
American Express Plans Live Audio Webcast of the Fourth Quarter 2015 Earnings Conference Call Most Americans "Deal-aying" Holiday Shopping American Express Declares Regular Quarterly Dividend American Express Serve® Expands Largest Free Cash Reload Network(1) in U.S.
1. Develops and tests software, including ongoing refactoring of code & drives continuous improvement in code structure & quality
2. Primary focus is spent writing code, API specs, conducting code reviews & testing in ongoing sprints or doing proof of concepts/automation tools
3. Applies visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts
4. Functions as a core member of an Agile team driving User story analysis & elaboration, design and development of software applications, testing & builds automation tools
5. Works on a specific platform/product or as part of a dynamic resource pool assigned to projects based on demand and business priority
6. Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
7. Embodies “rebel with a cause” mentality by looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
1. A BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
2. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply, but 1-3 years of experience in data programming and applications systems design and architecture is preferred.
1. Strong programming knowledge in C++ / Java
2. Solid understanding of data structures & common algorithms
3. Knowledge of RDBMS concepts and experience with SQL
4. Understanding and experience with UNIX / Shell / Perl / Python scripting