2 - yrs
Job Role Software Engineer - Big Data, Java/ETL
American Express Plans Live Audio Webcast of the Fourth Quarter 2015 Earnings Conference Call Most Americans "Deal-aying" Holiday Shopping American Express Declares Regular Quarterly Dividend American Express Serve® Expands Largest Free Cash Reload Network(1) in U.S.
1. Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field.
Over 3 years of experience in data programming and applications systems design and architecture is required.
2. Develops and tests software, including ongoing refactoring of code & drives continuous improvement in code structure & quality
3. Primary focus is spent writing code, API specs, conducting code reviews & testing in ongoing sprints or doing proof of concepts/automation tools
4. Applies visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts
5. Functions as a core member of an Agile team driving User story analysis & elaboration, design and development of software applications, testing & builds automation tools
6. Works on a specific platform/product or as part of a dynamic resource pool assigned to projects based on demand and business priority
7. Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
8. Embodies “rebel with a cause” mentality by looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
1. A BS/B.TECH degree in computer science, computer engineering, other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
2. Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing or as an end-end individual contributor
3. Experience collaborating with the business to drive requirements / agile story analysis
4. Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions
5. Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
6. Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation
7. Looks proactively beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
8. High energy, demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies, and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
1. Strong in RDBMS , Database concepts , Hive, Teradata, Basics of Unix
2. Solid understanding of Big data concepts, data structures & common algorithms
3. Bug-tracking, source control and build systems