Eligibility BS/MS Degree
Job Role Software Engineer - Java/VXML
American Express Plans Live Audio Webcast of the Fourth Quarter 2015 Earnings Conference Call Most Americans "Deal-aying" Holiday Shopping American Express Declares Regular Quarterly Dividend American Express Serve® Expands Largest Free Cash Reload Network(1) in U.S.
1. Serving as a core member of an agile team that drives user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications, and tests and builds automation tools
2. Owning all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications; Performing hands-on architecture, design, and development of systems
3. Performing hands-on software development and testing, typically spending about 50% of time writing code, API specs, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints, or doing proof of concepts/automation tools
4. Driving consistent development practices – tools and common components; Developing deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
5. Working with technical product managers contributing to blueprints, and assisting with annual planning of feature sets
6. Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
7. This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
1. This high energy Senior Engineer must have
2. 2+ years of software development experience, and preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
3. Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
4. Experience Using JAVA/J2EE and Related Technologies/ Framework/ Architecture and Tools.
5. Experience with Java applications design and development in an Enterprise setting using J2EE,Spring, SQL DBMSs
6. Expertise in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms
7. Proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
8. Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design