Eligibility Bachelors/Masters Degree
2 - 5 yrs
Job Role Junior Mechanical Design Engineer
The Society for Promotion of IT in Chandigarh (SPIC) has been set up under the aegis of the Department of Information Technology, Chandigarh Administration for implementing the various plans of the Administration to promote the IT industry in Chandigarh. The Chairperson of the Society is the Adviser to the Administrator.
1. Test & Evaluation engineers at Boeing make sure that products at the world’s largest aerospace company continue to meet the highest standards.
2. From quality and reliability, to safety and performance, their expertise is vital to the concept, design and certifications of a wide variety of commercial and military systems.
3. The candidate verifies the design using analytical tools; supports creation of test procedures; designs calibration system/test fixtures.
4. This position will be responsible for coordinating and communicating regularly with experts in Boeing organizations around the world.
1. Knowledge of tools such as AutoCAD, CATIA, Creo, Unigraphics, etc., PDM/PLM (ENOVIA) and Manufacturing systems.
2. General awareness of hydraulic power systems equipment (e.g., pumps, accumulators, ram air turbines, distribution) and hydraulic actuation systems (e.g., servo actuators, control valves, actuators, motors, pressure and flow control devices) design, performance and integration
3. Knowledge of structural design, mechanical design, aerodynamics, stress analysis, dynamics, fluid power systems, propulsion/fuel systems, material properties, environmental conditioning and test instrumentation.
4. Awareness of Industry standards for structural, mechanical, environmental and materials testing of coupon, element/LRU, systems and subcomponents.
5. Be a self-starter, able to work independently with minimum supervision, positive attitude and highest ethics.
6. Proactively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work.
7. Must be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional team. Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing personnel around the world.
8. Demonstrate strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Be fluent in written and spoken English, and have high degree of proficiency with MS Office tools.
1. Qualifications: Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering (preferably in Mechanical / Aerospace or equivalent discipline) with 2 to 5 years experience is required.
2. Experience: Experience in an aerospace company will be preferred.