Company Bose Institute
Govt - Job
Job Role Junior Research Fellow
The institute has evolved over the years into a multi-disciplinary research organization with stress on fundamental research in its pursuit of advancement of knowledge in Science and technology and at the same time developing highly competent and able scientific manpower for the country.
1. Bose Institute will offer short term training for outstanding students in Life Sciences, Physical and Chemical Sciences from different Universities during the months of May to July 2016 (for a total period of two months).
2. The training will be conducted by faculty members of the Institute who would select students based on their own academic Interest and those of the students.
3. Students who are pursuing masters degree (e.g. MSc, MVSc, MTech, integrated masters students in their 4th year etc.) may apply.
4. Exceptional students (INSPIRE, JBNSTS, KVPY etc.) at the Bachelor degree level may also apply.
5. Minimum eligibility criteria for consideration of the requests are at least 70% of aggregate scores (or an equivalent grade) in all major school level examinations (Secondary school examination and Higher secondary examination (10 +2)) and first division mark (60% in aggregate or equivalent grade) in Bachelors programme.
6. Applications must include a recommendation/forwarding letter from Head of the Department of the candidate.
7. Candidates should apply online in prescribed format only and attach a scanned copy of the recommendation/forwarding letter.
8. Original certificates/marksheets should be presented at the time of joining the training programme.
Only online applications will be accepted. Applicants must mention their broad area of interest in the online form. Outstation candidates should arrange for their own accommodation in Kolkata.
Schedule of events and important dates:
Last date for receipt of filled-in online application form 7th March, 2016
Announcement of the list of candidates accepted for the training 22nd March, 2016
Tentative date of commencement of the training 2nd May, 2016