Eligibility Bachelors Degree
Freshers / Experience
Job Role Associate Professional Test Engineer
In addition to our headquarters in Falls Church, Virginia, USA, and with major offices across the globe, our 72,000 professionals serve clients in more than 70 countries. CSC is a global leader of next-generation information technology (IT) services and solutions. Our mission is to enable superior returns on clients' technology investments through best-in-class industry solutions, domain expertise and global scale.
1. Participates and assists with testing, troubleshooting and analysis tasks on various phase(s) of network systems development including integration, systems testing, interoperability testing, field test plans and customer acceptance plans to maintain the credibility/viability of the system, as directed by team lead and/or management.
2. Provides support on the initial configuration and parameters of equipment for system credibility.
3. Assists in the investigation and resolution of matters of significance in conjunction with other engineering and technical support to ensure cost effective and efficient resolution of problems.
4. Assists with designing, developing, implementing and maintaining test processes and diagnostic programs for assigned projects.
5. Works closely with team lead towards the completion of specifications and procedures for new products.
6. Participates in writing test plans for assigned projects. Maintains record of test progress, documents test results, prepares reports and may present results as appropriate.
7. Works with more experienced team members defining test cases, creating integration and system test scripts and configuration test questionnaires from functional requirement documentation.
8. May be tasked with maintaining and updating defect reports following regression testing initiatives.
9. May assist lead engineer/management in writing proposals to recommend process/program and follows through on implementation.
1. Bachelor's Degree in computer science or engineering or related field preferred
2. Zero or more years of network testing experience
3. Experience working with computer systems and their uses
4. Experience working with network management and protocol system testing
5. Experience working with scripting languages such as TCL, PERL, HP, etc
6. Experience working with data transmission protocols such as TCP/IP, etc.
7. Experience working with operating systems
8. Experience working with network equipment: switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, etc.