Eligibility BS Degree
3 - yrs
Job Role Software Engineer
Calypso is the leading provider of front-to-back technology solutions for the financial markets. With 19 years of experience delivering cross-asset solutions for trading, processing, risk management and accounting, we are able to focus our significant resources on customer problems, bringing simplicity to the most complex business and technology issues.
1. Maintain and develop as per specifications, current server side processes responsible for workflow, persistence, messaging, validation, caching, grid computing and business logic.
2. Ensure availability, scalability and robustness of solution using clustering, data grids, failover and other HA solutions.
3. Contribute to the R&D, development and testing of the next generation product developed on top of industry standard technologies.
4. Troubleshoot, resolve and test time-critical hot-fixes for multi-threaded concurrency issues in an n-tiered architecture.
5. Analyze defects and coordinate development of fixes.
1. Minimum 3 years of post-academic experience in commercial software including Java, Swing, JDBC, RMI, J2EE, XML
2. 1-2 years of development experience on a multi-threaded, client-server application
3. 1-2 year of experience with Java persistence or ORM implementations, including SQL, JDBC, ORM solutions such as EJB 3.0, JAVA Persistence API, Hibernate
4. Experience working with different transport protocols such as JMS, JERI, RMI, SOAP, or REST
5. Strong object-oriented analysis and design skills.
6. Knowledge of relational databases, including RDBMS setup and tuning experience
7. Query language abstraction such as SQL, EJBQL, HQL, XQuery.
8. API Experience with JAAS, JNDI, JSSE, JMX, JTA, JMS.
9. Experience with caching frameworks such as Tangosol, JCache, Java Spaces, Gemfire and others is desirable and plus.
10. Unix and scripting experience desirable.