Eligibility Any Graduate
Job Role Test Engineer
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. At Cisco customers come first and an integral part of our DNA is creating long-lasting customer partnerships and working with them to identify their needs and provide solutions that support their success.
1. Plan, Develop & implement test strategies and test plans to ensure software features and hardware platforms meet product requirements.
2. Design test bed topology to verify features meet quality requirements.
3. Evaluate, Design and Develop test tools.
4. Collaborate with different technology groups to ensure proper testing of our products.
5. Establish a test automation environment by leveraging scripts from teams and extending them to cover deployment scenarios and platform dependent functionality.
6. Quickly adapt to changing project priorities.
7. Mentor fellow engineers and provide technical guidance.
8. Generate new ideas to enhance feature set and quality for faster customer adoption.
1. Strong fundamental knowledge in TCP/IP, Switching & Routing technologies.
2. Hands-on experience with one or more of the LAN/WAN and network layer protocols.
3. MSEE/CS combined with 3+ years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 5+ yrs related experience.
4. Hands-on experience in scripting and automation with TCL or Python will be a Plus.
5. Strong troubleshooting and debugging capability.
6. Hands-on familiarity with test instruments required. Ixia and/or Spirent experience is desirable.
7. Experience in one or more of Layer2 features, Layer3 routing protocols, Multicast, MPLS, Quality of Service.
8. Having Cisco Certification (CCNA) is a definite plus.
9. Demonstrated track record of learning new technologies, creating development test strategy and execution plan.
10. Must be independent, quick learner and possess strong communication skills