2 - 4 yrs
Business Planning Analyst
At HP we believe technology can create new possibilities for people around the world-from high school students and soccer moms to budding entrepreneurs, government officials, and business executives. We're the largest IT company on the planet, with 304,000 employees working in approximately 170 countries around the world. And we are able to leverage our size and scope to deliver real value in the products and services we offer. Our healthcare solutions are helping hospitals reduce errors and insurers bring down costs. Our TouchSmart products are helping individuals with autism communicate for the very first time. Our digital printing solutions are revolutionizing the publishing industry by allowing publishers to print individual books on demand. And that's just the beginning. Where others see challenges, we see opportunities.
1. Conducts and summarizes complex data and business analyses to develop business plans, including revenue and demand projections, workforce optimization, and channel management.
2. Constructs statistical and financial models with minimal direction to forecast business performance.
3. Defines the metrics required to measure business performance, and compares actual data to forecasted values.
4. Executes market research projects, gathers intelligence on current industry, technology, and consumer trends, and summarizes research findings tailored to business needs.
5. Works with cross-functional teams to facilitate the data collection and performance measurement process, and escalates issues as necessary.
6. Makes contributions to research and analyses on priority projects within established guidelines Conducts quantitative and qualitative business models and analyses to contribute to large projects.
7. Contributes primarily to diagnostic and reactive business planning activities.
8. Decision-making limited to immediate function with minimal business risk.