Company Hewlett Packard (HP)
Eligibility Bachelors/Masters Degree
4 - 6 yrs
Job Role Systems Software Engineer
We are in a multi-year journey to turn HP around, and we have put in place a plan to restore HP to growth. We know where we need to go, and we're making progress. We continue to drive product innovation in our core markets, with a focus on cloud, security, and big data. We see big opportunities ahead, and we are well positioned to take advantage of these opportunities with our remarkable set of assets and strengths.
1. Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools
2. Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
3. Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture
4. Leads a project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem
5. Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution
6. Represents the software systems engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
7. Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
1. Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
2. Minimum 4-6 years experience