Company IHS Markit
2 - 4 yrs
Job Role AVP, Tax Solutions, Developer
IHS Markit is the leading source of information and insight in critical areas that shape today's business landscape. Customers around the world rely on us to address strategic and operational challenges.
1. Develop new module/component, and enhance existing functionality to high-standards.
2. Adhere to best practices that enhance user experience, usability, scalability, performance and security.
3. Contributes to the development and maintenance of reusable standards and libraries.
4. Take initiative and work independently on certain modules, while contributing to a large team on others.
5. Explores new development practices, standards, and interactive displays and message their discoveries to the team and employs them on projects where appropriate.
6. Work on technology upgrades, research new technologies and suggest as well as implement best possible upgrade paths
7. Build and maintain a good working relationship with main stakeholders involved in the project – peer developers, dev lead, QA team and business analysts.
Education & Experience:
1. B.Tech / MCA or equivalent with 2 - 4 years of relevant experience
1. Strong core Java 6 and/or 7 skills
2. Middleware: Spring Suite (Core, Security, MVC, Integration), JAXB, Apache POI
3. Frontend: JQuery, Ajax, CSS, JSON
4. Persistence: JPA, Hibernate
5. Configuration and Build Management
6. SVN, TFS, Apache Ant, Maven
7. Collaboration, JIRA
8. Databases & Application Servers
9. Oracle, Tomcat, Apache
10. OS / Environment
11. Windows, Linux