Company InfoSec Connect
Eligibility Bachelor's Degree
Freshers / Experience
Job Role Professional 2 Information Security Engineer
InfoSec Connect was started by InfoSec pros who recognize that our community is in dire need of one career hub that truly understands our needs. As we set out to create InfoSec Connect, we considered the unique traits of the information security community.
1. Performs basic vulnerability scans using vendor utility tools.
2. Monitors security audit and intrusion detection system logs for system and network anomalies.
3. Investigates and/or escalates security violations, attempts to gain unauthorized access, virus infections that may affect the network or other event affecting security.
4. Documents and reports event(s).
5. Assists in providing engineering analysis, design and support for firewalls, routers, networks and operating systems.
6. Assists in performing product evaluations and recommends products/services for network security.
7. Validates and tests basic security architecture and design solutions to produce detailed engineering specifications with recommended vendor technologies.
8. Develops, tests and operates firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise anti-virus systems and software deployment tools.
9. Assists in the review and recommends the installation, modification or replacement of hardware or software components and any configuration change(s) that affects security.
10. Assists in providing oversight and enforcement of security directives, orders, standards, plans and procedures at server sites.
Experience: Zero or more years of experience in network, host, data and/or application security in multiple operating system environments
1. Experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail and access-lists
2. Experience working with internet, web, application and network security techniques
3. Experience working with relevant operating system security (Windows, Solaris, Linux, etc.)
4. Experience working with leading firewall, network scanning and intrusion detection products and authentication technologies
5. Experience working with federal regulations related to information security (FISMA, Computer security Act, etc.)
6. Experience working with NIST Special Publications and C & A process methodology
7. Possess security certifications (CISSP, CCNA, etc) and/or top secret security clearance.