Company JP Morgan
Eligibility Bachelor’s Degree
Job Role Application Developer - Java
JPMorgan Chase (NYSE: JPM) is one of the oldest financial institutions in the United States. With a history dating back over 200 years, here's where we stand today: We are a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion. We operate in more than 60 countries.
1. Adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques utilizing programming skills and contribute to the technical code base including any required documentation.
2. Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution.
3. Participate in design reviews and provide input to design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and, provide input to information/data flow and understand and comply with Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps.
4. Adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications.
5. Document detailed application specifications; translate technical requirements into programmed application modules; and, develop and enhance software application modules.
6. Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to predefined architectural specifications. Identify and troubleshoot application code-related issues.
7. Review and provide feedback to any required final user documentation.
8. Utilize various technologies such as Java, J2EE, object-oriented analysis and design techniques, HTML, Oracle, JDBC and PL/SQL.
1. Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer science or equivalent with relevant experience
2. Minimum 2+ years recent hands-on Java/J2EE software development work experience in large-scale distributed technology projects
3. Minimum 1+ years experience with full development lifecycle from inception through implementation.
4. Minimum 1+ years experience working in both UNIX and Windows environments.
5. Minimum 1+ years using open-source Java-based frameworks and tools
1. Understanding of SDLC processes and automated tools, spanning requirements/issue management, defect tracking, source control, build automation, test automation and release management.
2. Proficiency in PL/SQL for Oracle.
3. Exposure to J2EE stack, web frameworks – Spring MVC and/or JSF, Angular JS, Ext-JS, J-Query etc
4. Experience with Web Services Development - JAX-WS/RS, ESB, JQuery
5. Passion to learn new technologies as needed.
6. Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills coupled with a strong work ethic.