3 - 5 yrs
Technical Support Engineer II
Company profile :
Kronos customers include many of the India's largest and reputed enterprises from a wide variety of industry sectors. Organisations in diverse industries including retailers, healthcare institutions, manufacturers, services organisations, transportation and distribution companies, airlines, and government entities, overwhelmingly choose Kronos.
1. The Technical Support Engineer identifies root causes for escalated issues from the customer service organization and provides and implements solutions for these issues as part of an overall production support team.
2. In addition to developing Expertise across all TMD Kronos products at the functional and operational/technical level necessary for complex debugging, the TSE draws upon other sources of information to analyze the root cause of escalated issues.
3. The TSE will propose action plans and timelines for resolution and will work directly with engineering in defining the technical requirements of a solution.
4. The TSE as part of the overall support team is also responsible for all application level changes to the multi-tenant hosted environment.
5. Duties may include applying patch or hotfix installations, database updates and adhoc database reports.
6. Reviewing the results of the system monitoring on a daily basis and initiating actions on automated system alerts is also an integral responsibility of the position
1. Should be at least a graduate in Computer Science from reputed institute
2. Experience: 1-3 years
3. 3-5 years experience in a technical support organization providing service to customers of a multi-tenant hosted Software as a Service offering.
1. Strong SQL database query experience required, preferably with Oracle
2. Strong UNIX skills required.
3. Strong troubleshooting skills.
4. Prior experience supporting an enterprise level application based on Java utilizing Web Services is an advantage.
5. Ability to provide phone and email support to customer contacts during hours when US support is not available.
6. Good time management skills, ability to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities
7. Ability to communicate technical requirements to internal team members and external customers
8. Excellent spoken & written English skills.