Eligibility Bachelor's/Master’s Degree
2 - 4 yrs
Job Role Manager Software Engineering
At Micro Focus, we design and build software that makes people more productive and work environments more secure and easier to manage. Regardless of how or where people work.
1. Plan, co-ordinate, strategize & manage product development activities to ensure high quality and on time release of the products. Ensure that teams have the appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines. Work closely with the Product Owner understanding the system’s functional and non- functional requirements
2. Provide technical guidance & facilitation to the team to carry out the development activities effectively. Highly capable of understanding the technical issues and should be able to resolve it by working with the team by suggesting alternatives and great deal of deliberations within or other technical specialists in the group.
3. Track and report the status of projects in the various forums and senior management as the owner of the component and to resolve the dependencies by working with across the other component managers or Specialists.
4. Leadership in developing the team technically strong with high teaming culture, motivation and commitment.
5. Managing the team and coaching for their carrier development and success.
6. Pro-actively analyze current processes and practices and drive for enhancements in order for continuous improvement of release quality.
7. Play a key role in influencing the Business Unit’s future direction, strategy and planning.
8. Plan and execute the staffing, h/w and s/w requirements effectively & efficiently.
9. Advocate and implement company policies, values and objectives
Skills & Experience Required:
1. Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field with the industry experience of 10-14 years.
2. Minimum of 2-4 years of management/ leadership experience in a software development organization required.
3. Large/ enterprise application development experience
4. Experience in computer programming using C/C++. Good knowledge on Networking and Security domains. 5. Understanding of authentication and authorization related technologies.
6. Strong understanding of the software development cycle especially Agile processes.
7. Strong People Management skills. Good experience in handling highly skilled and experienced members. 8. Experience in performance appraisal and feedback. Experience in hiring and team ramp up.
9. Strong decision making and execution skills.
10. Good communication, presentation and influencing skills.
11. Good knowledge on customer issues handling.