Company Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS)
Eligibility Any Graduate
Job Role Model Validation-Associate
In 2008, the Royal Bank of Scotland failed as a company. We only exist as a bank today because our role as a cornerstone of the UK economy – which had been proudly built up over nearly 300 years – meant we were too important to be allowed to collapse.
1. Data analysis and Code base support: Engaging with data teams, performing data analytics to support model development
2. Testing models under stress and system integrity: Assessing the model performance against the model presented by the modellers
3. Periodic validations/re-reviews: Supporting periodic model validations by undertaking model stability, performance, benchmarking analysis and summarising the results in a clear and presentable format
4. Assisting with the MInT Help Desk, providing ongoing training and overseeing ongoing improvements; assisting with the transformation of MInT into a tool that enables tracking and reporting of model risk
5. Assisting in validation and use of model related monitoring MI, which is used to assess model performance for detailed periodic validations and external disclosures
1. Understanding of Risk and Model Risk framework and its role in a financial organisation
2. Experience in embedding new policies and frameworks across multiple functional teams
3. Experience in SAS and skilled in Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
4. Strong knowledge and coding experience in C++, Python, R
5. Knowledge of financial mathematics and relevant product/business experience.
6. Good skills in data analysis and code base support in a financial business context