Company Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS)
Job Role Software Designer, Associate (Java)
In 2008, the Royal Bank of Scotland failed as a company. We only exist as a bank today because our role as a cornerstone of the UK economy – which had been proudly built up over nearly 300 years – meant we were too important to be allowed to collapse.
1. Java development in the e-Trading– taking business requirements and implementing these in the most efficient and appropriate manner, development will involve connectivity to external markets, processing trade requests and automating trading for the business
2. Go through the existing money market stack and find opportunities to align the system with rates platform.
3. The successful candidate will have excellent experience of real-time, multi-threaded development and applications
4. Low-latency, clear and concise development practices are expected.
5. Analysis of problems/requirements – taking short briefs from traders/project mangers and converting these in to an understandable set of requirements for development by the team
6. Communications with the business users, analysts and developers across multiple locations
7. Documentation of development and designs to be used by other members of the team and support teams
8 Code reviews of other members of the team
9. Respond to production issues escalation requests for level 3 support, on an ad hoc basis
1. Graduate / Post Graduate in any discipline.