Company The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd.,
Eligibility ICSI Final
Govt - Job
Job Role Secretary Trainees
The Shipping Corporation of India was established on October 2nd, 1961, by the amalgamation of Eastern Shipping Corporation and Western Shipping Corporation. Starting out as a marginal Liner shipping Company with just 19 vessels, the SCI has today evolved into the largest Indian shipping Company.
Requirement of Company Secretary Trainees
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd., a Navratna PSU has opportunities for CS trainees pursuing
Professional Program. A total of two (2) trainees are required.
Details of Training:
1. Qualification: ICSI Final passed (Professional Program)
2. Duration: 12 months without any further extension
3.Stipend : Rs. 8000/- per month
4. Accommodation : No accommodation shall be provided; no reimbursement of transportation fees
will be made.
5. Working Hours : The minimum working hours will be 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday from 10:00
AM to 05:00 PM
6. Leave: Trainees will be entitled to one day’s leave with pay per month excluding normal holidays.
Trainees will also be eligible for 30 days leave without pay for appearing in the examination of the
institute. Prior approval has to be taken from Departmental Head and sent to P&A for information.
1. Hours spent on any conference, course, seminar organized by the Institute/Region/Chapter shal be
treated as period covered under training. However, proof of such training shall be provided to SCI.
2. The training may be terminated by giving not less than one month’s notice or payment of notice pay
in lieu thereof in writing by either side.
How to apply:
Interested candidates may apply through Institute of Company Secretaries of India – Western India
Regional Office only. Candidates should submit their resumes to ICSI-WIRO, which will be forwarded to
us by the Institute.
1. Candidates who submit their application through ICSI-WIRO and are found suitable as per above
criteria will be called for a personal interview on 12th August 2016.
2. The candidates are requested to carry a copy of the duly filled-in attached bio data form alongwith
the certificates (Original + 1 set photocopy) on the day of interview.
Venue of the Interview : The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd. 18th Floor, 245 Madame Cama Road,
Nariman Point, Mumbai – 400021.
Date: 12th August 2016
Time: 11:00 AM to 04:00 PM
Contact Person : Sujal Patil / Manasi Aggarwal, SCI, 18th Floor