2 - 7 yrs
Job Role QA Testing Engineer
The Sandvine story begins in June 2001 in Waterloo, Ontario; a thriving community and technology hub an hour West of Toronto. Named in 2007 as the World’s Top Intelligent Community for prosperity rooted in broadband and information technology, Waterloo overcame a declining economy and fostered a culture of learning, spawning a climate of growth in the region which now boasts a tech cluster of nearly 1,000 companies.
Job Description :
1. Candidates should possess BE or ME(or equivalent degree) degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
2. 2 - 4 years of work experience in a software testing and verification or a related field.
3. Experience developing automated tests and test automation software using scripting languages.
4. such as TCL, iTCL, UNIX Shell or similar.
5. Working experience in DPI is highly desirable.
6. Understanding of hardware and software configurations, network switches, configuration of software, and the ability to work the command line on Windows and Unix (FreeBSD).
7. Experience with Analytics or business intelligence products/solutions would be an asset.
8. Knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, etc.) and networking devices.
9. Understanding of Quality Assurance processes including development of Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Strategies.
10. Experience analyzing network protocols using tools such as Wire shark, Ethereal.
11. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
12. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.