Company United Health Group
Job Role Software Engineer (Big Data/Hadoop Developer)
UnitedHealth Group is the most diversified health care company in the United States and a leader worldwide in helping people live healthier lives and helping to make the health system work better for everyone. We are committed to introducing innovative approaches, products and services that can improve personal health and promote healthier populations in local communities.
Roles and Responsibilities :
1. The candidate filling this role is expected to take initiative in gaining technical understanding of Big Data technologies and in particular gain working technical knowledge of managing massive volumes of data leveraging Hadoop tools/technologies integrating multiple data sources.
2. This individual would need to leverage a number of tools to accomplish his/her assignments.
3. Entrepreneurial spirit, drive to succeed and ownership of tasks encouraged.
4. Ability to work later shift for overlap with US may be required.
1. Good to have knowledge of JAVA, API Development, JSON, XML, GitHub.
1. Python, Unix, Perl scripting – Knowledge in any one of them (3-4 yr)
2. Must have good Knowledge of SQL (3-4 yr)
3. Knowledge of Big Data environment, which includes various tools like Map Reduce, Hive, Sqoop, Spark, Hbase.
4. Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies & leverage them to execute on the use cases given to solve business problems