Eligibility Any Degree
Job Role Engineering Manager - Software Development - ITO
Verizon has inherited an illustrious tradition of Innovation from its past. Formed out of a merger by the GTE and Bell Atlantic companies and with a lineage starting from the Bell Telephone company started by Alexander Graham Bell in 1877, brand Verizon came into existence in 2000.
1. Responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of these services. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
2. Being responsible for the overall systems development life cycle, as per the project plans and delivery commitments
3. Manage the day-to-day activities of the development team within an Agile/Scrum / Waterfall environment, as appropriate
4. Work closely with the development team, solution engineers and solution architects to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
5. Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to your Director.
6. Ability to drive performance focused, unit-tested code, develop object-oriented models and design data structure for new software projects taking systems aspects into account.
7. Translate high level business problems into scalable design and code. Create libraries & Utilities for larger consumption
8. Ensure compliance with established architecture, design patterns, policies, standards and best practices
1. 5+ years managing technology teams with 10+ people
2. A team player with excellent verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
3. Must have a service-oriented attitude with excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
4. Ability to work independently, self-motivated, and highly focused.
5. Ability to thrive in a changing environment, including ability to manage multiple projects with multiple priorities.
6. A strong understanding of the software development lifecycle
7. Experience in building large complex business applications
8. Deep understanding of data-driven web application design and development
9. Deep understanding of design patterns, optimizations, deployments and tuning servers like Java/J2EE/Apache Tomcat/ Oracle/SQL
10. Knowledge of Test Driven Development, is an added advantage