Company WIT Software
Job Role Software Quality Assurance Engineer
WIT Software is a Portuguese company operating internationally, with customers worldwide. This role offers the chance to join our highly respected team and to participate in some of the most innovative telecoms solutions. Travel to Portugal for product training is expected, and future career development into international roles is likely for successful candidates.
1. Design test plans, scenarios, scripts and test procedures.
2. Specify the requirements to determine product quality and release readiness and document the test-specifications.
3. Plan test schedules in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
4. Run the tests according to the T-Specs.
5. Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code pieces to determine breakdown source.
6. Document software defects using a bug tracking system (Redmine), and report defects to software developers.
7. Provide feedback and recommendations on software usability and functionality.
8. Conduct performance, scalability, security and robustness tests.
9. Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
10. Provide technical support during software installation or configuration.
11. Write status reports and effectively communicate the issues and status.
Qualification: BSc or MSc Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related.
1. Experience with different levels of Software Testing.
2. Experience creating Test Plans, Test Designs, Test Cases, Test procedures, Test logs, and Test reports.
3. Experience with Software Testing Tools.
4. Excellent reporting and communication skills.
5. Proactive and problem solving oriented.
6. Must be fluent in English.