AECOM, a renowned company in the construction industry, is currently seeking a Project Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Chennai. The ideal candidate for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, or a related field. AECOM is open to considering freshers for this position, providing an excellent opportunity for those embarking on their career in quantity surveying. The chosen candidate will have the chance to work on exciting projects, gaining valuable experience and contributing to the success of AECOM in the dynamic field of construction.
Company Name: AECOM
Job Role: Project Quantity Surveyor
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, or a related field.
Experience Required: Freshers
Job Location: Chennai
Role and Responsibilities:
- Cost Estimation: Prepare accurate and detailed cost estimates for construction projects, considering materials, labor, and other associated costs.
- Budget Management: Monitor and manage project budgets throughout the construction phase, identifying and addressing cost overruns or potential risks.
- Tendering: Assist in the tendering process by preparing tender documents, analyzing bids, and recommending suitable contractors or suppliers.
- Contract Administration: Administer contracts and agreements, ensuring that all parties adhere to the terms and conditions. Resolve contractual disputes and issues.
- Risk Management: Identify and assess potential risks related to costs and contracts. Develop strategies to mitigate risks and ensure financial success of projects.
- Quantity Takeoff: Conduct detailed quantity takeoffs for materials and labor to support accurate cost assessments.
- Cost Reporting: Provide regular financial reports to project stakeholders, highlighting key cost factors and forecasting future expenses.
- Variation Orders: Evaluate and process variation orders, documenting changes to the scope of work and adjusting budgets accordingly.
- Client Communication: Maintain effective communication with clients, contractors, and project teams to address financial concerns and ensure alignment with project goals.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with industry regulations, standards, and company policies related to quantity surveying and cost management.
Required Skills and Qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Professional certification (such as RICS) may be preferred.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities.
- Proficiency in relevant software tools, such as cost estimating and project management software.