Aircall, a leading cloud-based phone system and call center software provider, is actively seeking a dedicated Technical Support Specialist for a full-time, remote position. Joining Aircall in this role allows professionals to become an integral part of a dynamic team that provides top-notch customer support for clients worldwide.
Company Name: Aircall
Job Title: Technical Support Specialist
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Remote
Role & Responsibilities:
- As a Technical Support Specialist, you will:
- Receive and respond to escalated Customer cases regarding technical and functional questions or issues.
- Handle a variety of complex issues dealing with various platforms, operating systems, applications, integrations, inbound / outbound calling, caller ID, calling features, etc. Analyze, reproduce, and be part of the resolution.
- Assist the Frontline Support team to train them on some specific topics, and improve how the issues are escalated to the Technical Support team. Train the Customer Support Team about relevant subjects. Create and maintain internal documentation.
- Work closely with developers and product management colleagues to diagnose, understand and resolve issues. Mitigate risks in potential features, and bring best practices to Customer Support Team.
- Take ownership with internal and external stakeholders to define and resolve systemic issues, suggest product enhancements and eventual workarounds. Recommend and support the implementation of process improvements.
- Monitor Customer Support metrics to proactively identify trends and recurring issues. Follow up with customers to ensure ongoing high levels of satisfaction;
- Aptitude for understanding providing excellent customer service including clear communication, problem solving and technical writing skills in English (Other Languages are a plus).
- Possess good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple issues simultaneously within a fast paced and changing environment.
- Positive self-starter, willing to dig into complex issues, able to take direction, and work within a team environment.
- Willingness to consistently improve and try different approaches and perspectives.
- Empathetic and active listener, with the ability to see each situation from someone else’s viewpoint.
- Aptitude to learn and support new products and features.
- Motivation to learn by yourself and seek knowledge.
- Basic understanding of telephony routing, including IVR, ACD, DTMF.
- Foundational understanding of the OSI model;Experience using and managing ticket-based enterprise workflow management systems, applying ITIL concepts. Familiarity with Zendesk and Atlassian products notability JIRA.
- Foundational knowledge about Operating Systems (Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS).
- Ability to read, parse and manipulate various technical formats including XML, EDI and CSV.
- Familiarity with logging tools such as DataDog.
- Familiarity with reporting tools such as Looker.
- API knowledge, using Postman, SOAPui and Webhooks.
- Browser developer console troubleshooting and basic understanding of HTML.
- Comfortable with SQL.
- Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce, Hubspot, Zoho, etc.
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making, and critical-thinking skills.
- You are familiar with working in remote or hybrid environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience in a client-facing technical role for a SaaS or telecom business.
- Ability to convey complex ideas in layman’s terms.
- Comfortable multitasking in a fast-paced environment; familiar with organizing workflows and be process oriented.
- Committed, ambitious, team player, and outcome oriented.