Altair is in search of Software Development Engineers to join their team in India. To be eligible for this role, candidates are required to possess a Master’s or Ph.D. degree. As a Software Development Engineer at Altair, you will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects and contribute to the development of innovative software solutions.
Company Name: Altair
Job Title: Software Development Engineer
Required Education: Master’s or Ph.D
Job Location: India
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work as a software development team member for Altair system modeling products.
- Develop automatic code generation capabilities.
- Ensure compliance of the generated code (standards).
- Ensure quality and reusability of components in other Altair products.
- Work closely with Program Management and other product teams.
- Work across time zones with teams across the globe.
- Software engineer with Master’s or Ph.D. degree in computer science, electrical engineering or Math.
- Strong, proven, Software Development experience.
- Usage of scientific scripting languages, such as OML, Matlab, Octave, Scilab, and Python.
- Development experience using C, C++, build/make under Git or similar tools under Windows and Linux.
- Programming practice with Ocaml or similar functional programming languages.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good English in speaking and writing.
- Ability to be self-organized, prioritize tasks and skilled in time management.
- Attention to detail with the ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Ability to drive initiatives as well as work as part of a global team.
- Experience in or courses on Compiler design: familiarity with lexing, parsing, code translation, semantic analysis, code generation and code optimization.
- Knowledge of coding standards such as MISRA is a plus.
- Working experience with simulation environments and tools, such as Simulink, Scicos, Labview, FMI, Modelica, or synchronous languages such as Esterel, is a plus.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.