American Express, a renowned financial services company, is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Analyst-Risk Management at their Gurgaon location. The role requires a degree from prospective applicants, emphasizing the company’s commitment to attracting a diverse range of candidates. With an experience requirement ranging from 0 to 3 years, American Express welcomes both entry-level professionals and those with a few years of experience in risk management. As an Analyst in Risk Management, successful candidates will play a crucial role in safeguarding the company against potential risks while contributing to the development and implementation of effective risk strategies. The position provides an excellent opportunity for individuals to grow and thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment within one of the leading names in the financial industry.
Company Name: American Express
Job Role: Analyst-Risk Management
Education Required: Degree
Experience Required: 0-3 years
Job location: Gurgaon
Role and Responsibilities:
- Deployment of Third-Party Key Risk Indicators across Non-Affiliate and Affiliate Third Party Programs at Amex.
- Automate existing VRO monitoring mechanisms.
- Provide enriched insights using industry data and leveraging best practice tools and techniques over the affiliate and non-affiliate Third Party lifecycle.
- Challenge Third Party program and risk data completeness and accuracy.
- Perform advanced data analytics to identify trends, composition, leading indicators, and outlook in Third Party risk.
- Leverage unstructured data sources (e.g., social media, customer chat) to identify potential AXP Affiliate and Non-Affiliate Third Party Risk process breakdowns.
- Responsible for contacting clients with overdue accounts to secure the settlement of the account. Also they do preventive work to avoid future overdues with accounts that have a high exposure.
Required Skills and Qualification:
- 0-3 years of experience in risk management or a similar role.
- Degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Model, Mathematics, Computer Science or Economics).
- Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to apply both quantitative methods and business skills to create insights and drive results.
- Strong analytical skills, including a proving ability to translate complex and disparate information to develop a comprehensive and cohesive conclusion for colleagues, business partners, and senior leaders.
- Ability to work independently and across a matrix organization partnering with business partners, functional owners, capabilities, technology teams and external vendors.
- Rigorous and analytical approach to problem-solving, decision-making, and prioritization collaboration across teams/geographies.
- Proactive in identifying issues, delivering, and escalating key findings, and advising on recommended solutions to correct issues or mitigate risks.
- Knowledge of Amex’s Third-Party Management Programs and associated systems desired.