BT Group, a global leader in telecommunications, is currently seeking skilled Software Engineering Professionals to join their dynamic team in Bangalore. As a Software Engineering Professional, you’ll have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technological innovation while enjoying a competitive salary package. Bangalore, known as India’s Silicon Valley, provides an ideal setting for professionals looking to thrive in the software engineering domain. If you’re passionate about software engineering and ready for a rewarding career journey, this role at BT Group is your gateway to success.
Company Name: BT Group
Job Title: Software Engineering Professional
Function: Software Engineering
Job Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
The Software Engineering Professional supports the execution of the software engineering strategy and roadmap that supports BT’s commercial strategy through cross functional project and technical delivery and the participation of a team that pursues innovation as well as engineering excellence.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Supports on the implementation of technical solutions for both customers and colleagues and delivers on the resolution of inter-system issues, working within cross-functional squads to assist in creating and implementing technical solutions for a domain or cross domain activity within a specific technology area.
- Supports in the execution of technical decisions, technology choices and architecture for a wide range of high-performance products, capabilities, and platforms, effectively balancing short-term impact with long-term transformation.
- Supports the design and development of software solutions in accordance with the wider architecture and security standards.
- Undertakes technical reviews to continually update knowledge and skills in software engineering principles and practices, ensuring a base level of technical specialism proficiency to enable industry and quality standards to positively impact work and customers.
- Supports with the designs of technical specifications and development of software solutions of smaller and /or less complex initiatives in partnership with team, contributing towards the quality of delivery.
- Writes, tests and reviews code, refining and rewriting as necessary under supervision and communicates to engineering professionals and colleagues involved in the project.
- Integrates existing software products and solves routine problems to enable incompatible platforms to work together.
- Maintains systems by monitoring and correcting software defects.
- Supports the implementation and maintenance of high-quality tools and automation processes to support continuous delivery and developer productivity.
- Supports the delivery of an ambitious and compelling technical roadmap to meet the needs of the business, engineering team, and partner teams.
- May support engineering and operational excellence initiatives, assisting with implementing metrics and processes for regular assessment and improvement.
- Supports in the implementation of ways to improve working processes within the area of software engineering responsibility.
- Agile Development
- Database Design/Development
- Microservices/Service Oriented Architecture
- Version Control
- IT Security
- Cloud Computing
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment Automation & Orchestration
- Software Testing
- Application Development
- Algorithm Design
- Software Development Lifecycle