Ciena, a global networking solutions provider, is offering an exciting opportunity for the role of Global Technical Support Engineer Intern. To qualify for this position, candidates should hold a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Engineering or Computer Science from a four-year college or university, with zero to three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The internship is based in Gurugram, providing an excellent environment for professional growth. As a Global Technical Support Engineer Intern at Ciena, successful candidates will need to possess excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written. Moreover, the role requires strong interpersonal skills to effectively convey technical concepts to a diverse audience, including both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Company Name: Ciena
Job Role: Global Technical Support Engineer Intern
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in technical field
Job Location: Gurugram
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming calls from our global customers as well as document, validate, and capture adequate information to facilitate a technical investigation
- Respond to customer inquiries and provide remote technical support for issues related to our network management products promptly and professionally via various communication channels (phone, email, chat).
- Troubleshoot and resolve platform issues, performance issues, and configuration problems in a timely manner.
- Provide on-call duties 24×7 and/or work shifts, including public holidays and weekends when the business requires.
- Recover information necessary to escalate reported issues to senior engineers.
- Utilize debug tools as well as lab research to advance customers’ technical problems.
- Provide Customer feedback to Internal teams as appropriate.
- Contribute to the technical knowledgebase (KCS).
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Must have excellent communications skill with the ability to communicate in the English language both verbal and written.
Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Availability for onsite, in-person training and mentoring for a period of approximately 6 months from start date after which a hybrid work model will be possible.
Customer-oriented mindset with a strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve problems.
Motivated self-starter with excellent time management skills with a willingness and ability to learn new concepts.
An understanding of transport and switching systems for telecommunications applications and Optical Networking
Knowledge of computers, data communications, LINUX, Databases, and IP network experience would be a benefit.
Ability to deal with stressful situations.