IBM, a global leader in technology and innovation, is currently hiring for the position of Site Reliability Engineer. The role requires a minimum educational qualification of a Bachelor’s Degree, with a preference for candidates holding a Master’s Degree. As a Site Reliability Engineer at IBM, individuals will be responsible for ensuring the seamless operation and reliability of systems across various locations in India. The company is open to welcoming both fresh graduates and candidates with up to 2 years of experience, fostering an inclusive environment that encourages professional growth and development.
Company Name: IBM
Job Role: Site Reliability Engineer
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience Required: 0-2 years
Job Location: Across India
- As a SRE Engineer, you will work in an agile, collaborative environment to build, deploy, configure and maintain systems for the IBM client business.
- In this role, you will lead the problem resolution process for our clients, from analysis and troubleshooting, to deploying workarounds or fixes.
- Working closely with our worldwide teams, you will have a unique opportunity to gain first-hand experience with the latest technologies and be supported by a global team of IBMers to grow your own technical skills and develop your career.
- This role may require some attention after normal working hours in order to troubleshoot and resolve production issues experienced by clients.
- This role may also require shifting working hours as needed basis for follow-the-sun coverage.
Required Skills and Qualification:
- 0-2 years of experience in a software development and delivery role.
- 0-2 years of experience in Cloud/DevOps engineering and/or Linux administration.
- Familiar with at least one major public cloud provider or large scale private/hybrid cloud using container orchestration.
- Familiar with a modern configuration management framework (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, etc.).
- Production familiarity with one or more monitoring frameworks (Nagios, Prometheus, etc.).
- General scripting skills in at least one language (BASH, Python, Ruby, etc.).
- Familiar with source control management such (git, subversion, etc.).
- Understanding of software development life cycle and delivery process.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, while ensuring that commitments and timetables are met.
- Ability to partner with internal stakeholders to design operational solutions.
- Goal oriented, forward thinker that can provide solutions for complex technical problems.