IBM is currently inviting applications for the position of Software Developer in Kochi. The ideal candidate for this role should hold a Bachelor’s Degree, and a Master’s Degree is preferred. IBM is open to candidates with varying levels of experience, ranging from 0 to 2 years, making this an inclusive opportunity for both entry-level professionals and those with some industry exposure. As a Software Developer at IBM, individuals will have the chance to contribute to innovative projects and leverage their educational background to drive technological advancements.
Company Name: IBM
Job Role: Software Developer
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree/ Master’s Degree
Experience Required: 0-2 years
Job Location: Kochi
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, operate and maintain database features in our products and services and tools to provide a secure environment for the product to be used by customers in the cloud.
- Evaluate new technologies and processes that enhance our service capabilities.
- Documenting and sharing your experience, mentoring others.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 0-2 years of relevant experience in software development.
- Strong software programming skills using languages like Java/C/C++/Go/Scala.
- Any Shell scripting languages Bash/Perl/Python/Ruby.
- Strong problem determination and resolution skills.
- Exposure to best practices in design, development and testing of software.
- Knowledge in any SQL databases (Db2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server etc).
- Understanding of with Virtualization and Containerization technologies.
- Knowledge in Docker and Kubernetes frameworks.
- Development familiarity with the usage of Cloud Services (IBM Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure)
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX Operating Systems.
Prefered Skills and Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Compute, Storage and Networking components from IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure
- Familiarity with Red Hat OpenShift
- Familiarity with LogDNA/Sysdig/Prometheus for cluster analysis in a Kubernetes environment.