IBM, a global leader in technology and innovation, is currently seeking qualified individuals for the position of Software Developer. This role is open to any graduate, reflecting IBM’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Ideal candidates for this position should have 1-4 years of relevant experience, showcasing their expertise in software development. The job is located in the vibrant city of Bangalore, a strategic hub for technology and IT services. As a Software Developer at IBM, successful candidates will have the opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge projects, leverage their skills in software development, and be part of a dynamic team in one of the most prominent technology companies globally.
Company Name: IBM
Job Role: Software Developer
Education Required: Any Graduate
Experience Required: 1-4 years
Job Location: Bangalore
Role and Responsibilities:
- As a software developer, you will be responsible for designing, coding, unit-testing, and perform FVT for new functions while rigorously adhering to the team’s development processes.
- You will be responsible for working in close collaboration with the development and QA team to ensure that defects found in are fixed in a timely manner. The employee will be ultimately responsible for ensuring that any shipped code is delivered on schedule and with quality.
- Another duty will be to analyze and fix defects in existing products.
- Be part of open, transparent agile teams who always thrive for continuous learning and contribute towards continuous improvement.
Required Skills and Qualification:
- 1-4 years of experience.
- Experience with integrated development environments (eg: Eclipse, Visual Studio Code).
- Experience with Source control management (eg Git): to enable teams to work together to manage changes to source code.
- Experience with containers, containers orchestration software, and cloud platforms.
- Knowledge/Experience with automating infrastructure, testing, and deployments using tools like Jenkins, Puppeteer, Selenium, Playwright, Cypress, or any other automation framework.
- Knowledge of Deployment tools like Jenkins, and Travis: for ensuring the latest software release is packaged correctly, tested, and deployed to an application server.