ICON plc, a global leader in clinical research and pharmaceutical services, is currently offering a remarkable opportunity for individuals with a degree in Computer Science to join their team as Associate Software Engineers. Based in Chennai and Bangalore, these positions are perfect for tech enthusiasts who are passionate about leveraging their technical skills in a dynamic and cutting-edge industry. As an Associate Software Engineer, you’ll have the chance to work on exciting projects and contribute to the development of innovative solutions that advance healthcare and medical research.
Company Name: ICON plc
Job Title: Associate Software Engineer
Qualification: Degree in Computer Science
Job Location: Chennai, Bangalore
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have a key role in the design and implementation of complete features or new products within a Scrum team. Using your outstanding people skills, you will mentor and coach others in the team to ensure that the team members understand the designs and are effectively trained in terms of the technology base and processes to be followed in the Scrum team.
- Writing quality software.
- Writing and executing Meaningful Unit Tests to Coverage requirements.
- Crafting components and/or the overall product.
- Logging defects.
- Detailed product knowledge.
- Detailed understanding of feature requirements including base feature, documentation requirements, related administration requirements, testing, and validation.
- Mentoring to junior engineers.
- Responsible for updating tickets.
- Responsible for Feature Documentation.
- Working to understand validation requirements.
- Responsible for Code Peer Review.
- Reviewer of Test Standards and Process.
- Developing good estimates of effort required for analysis, design, and development so as to feed into overall sprint planning.
- To undertake other reasonably related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualification/ Skills Required:
- Degree in Computer Science.
- Prior relevant experience in progressive IT as part of software development team with an emphasis on design, implementation, and mentoring (or other applicable areas).
- Subject Matter Expertise in Agile Methodology.
- Strong product development, testing, validation and engineering skills.
- Ambitious individual, eager to manage multiple activities and priorities. Dedication to quality in all work tasks and work you’re doing.
- Excellent understanding of the software business and its practices.
- Active involvement in the use of online communities and an understanding of the use of current online and digital technologies.