Mastercard, a global leader in payment technology and services, is currently seeking candidates for the role of BizOps Engineer I in Mumbai. This full-time position is an opportunity for individuals with a strong aptitude for analytical thinking and a desire to continuously learn and apply new concepts and technologies. As a BizOps Engineer I at Mastercard, you will be responsible for production servers and services, demonstrating a strong sense of ownership and responsibility. Knowledge and experience in supporting production applications and incident management are essential for success in this role.
Company Name: Mastercard
Job Role: BizOps Engineer I
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mumbai
- Participate in 24×7 shifts
- Monitor the stability of our infrastructure with various tools.
- Handle incident response, troubleshooting and fix for various servers/services.
- Handle escalations as per policies/procedures.
- Communicate clearly on tickets, phone calls made to the teams about various issues.
- Coordinate with different internal groups to resolve recurrent problems, alerts, and follow-up on escalated issues.
- Exhibit a sense of urgency to resolve issues.
- Ensure SLAs and Operational standards are met.
- Contribute to operations runbooks and documentations.
- Ensure smooth handoffs between shifts.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong analytical skills and a desire to learn new concepts and technologies and apply them.
- Strong attitude to take ownership and responsibility for the production servers/services.
- Familiar with supporting a production application and incident management.
- Good understand of infrastructure and application performance monitoring tools
- AWS: Good knowledge of AWS services EC2, VPC, S3, ELB, IAM.
- Linux: Good knowledge of Linux systems, vi/vim, netstat, free, ps/top/atop/dstat, fstab/disk labels, filesystem, IPtables, sysstat (sar/vmstat/iostat etc), & startup scripts, sudo, selinux, audit logging.
- Good to have knowledge of scripting languages.
- Fundamentals: Basic Networking & Security, TCP/UDP, SSL certificates, Application Protocols: SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, FTP, SFTP