Mastercard is actively seeking a Lead Software Engineer for their Priceless Platform-4 team, based in Pune. The ideal candidate for this role should have a educational background in B.Com, BBA, or BA. Mastercard places a strong emphasis on practical experience, requiring candidates to have a robust working background in at least two of the following technologies: PHP, Python, React, Golang, and Java. As a Lead Software Engineer at Mastercard, you will play a key role in shaping and enhancing the Priceless Platform-4, contributing to the company’s innovative solutions. This opportunity in Pune provides an ideal environment for individuals with diverse educational backgrounds and a proficiency in multiple technologies to thrive.
Company Name: Mastercard’s
Job Role: Lead Software Engineer, Priceless Platform-4
Education Required: B.com / BBA or BA
Job Location: Pune
- Responsible to lead technical conversations and decisions making in product and infrastructural aspects end-to-end.
- Build software and services. Build automation tests. Build monitoring infrastructure and deployment infrastructure. We need you to be extremely hands-on.
- Work with other engineers, perform design reviews and code reviews to ensure high-quality software development, foster a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement within the team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineers to build new features at large-scale, while improving internal engineering standards, tooling, and automation processes.
- Build mobile and web- friendly pages and APIs.
- The technology stacks we use – GoLang, PHP, Python, React, Golang and AWS serverless application model.
- The technology stacks we need to use more of – CloudFormation and other deployment automation. Monitoring and DevOps frameworks.
- Major focus on designing and implementing domain driven, event driven and cloud native application models with enterprise features such as in memory caching, distributed databases, AuthN and AuthZ.
- Implement DevSecOps practices, integrate security throughout the software development lifecycle, ensure compliance and protect software systems.
- Ensure observability through effective logging, monitoring, and alerting mechanisms for system health and performance.
- Drive the adoption of agile methodologies, evolve the teams towards fast releases, and quick testing cycles through CI/CD automation.
- Improve the platform resilience by adapting modern cloud native architectural patterns.
- Partner with platform engineering leads to support in regulating cloud infrastructure, reduce operational cost and simplify vendor management.
- Makes recommendations to improve the process efficiency and effectiveness of platform reliability and operations.
- Thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, adapting quickly to changing requirements.
- Stay updated with open-source emerging technologies and industry trends.
- Emulate and drive Mastercard Way behaviors through collaborative behaviors, recognitions, coaching, and employee engagement.
- Recruit and hire diverse talent, always bringing in someone better than at least half the individuals in the role in the organization today.
- Provide technical support to our marketing campaigns and global promotions.
Required Skills and Qualification:
- Strong working experience in at least two of the technologies in – PHP, Python, React, Golang and Java.
- Cloud Native Application Development.
- Microservices, Front end development.
- Messaging frameworks.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a team in Pune and a global team in US.
- Preferred experiences:
- Public Cloud Environments.
- Serverless Application Development.
- Multi Region Code deployments.
- Distributed Databases experience.