Moody’s is currently seeking a Java Full Stack Developer to join their team in Bangalore. Candidates for this role are expected to hold a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science. This position is open to individuals with varying levels of experience, ranging from fresh graduates to those with up to three years of relevant work experience.
Company Name: Moody’s
Job Role: Java Full stack developer
Education Required: Bachelor’s in Engineering/ Computer science.
Experience Required: 0 – 3 years
Job Location: Bangalore
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing, coding, enhancing and testing of financial software applications to meet business process requirements in MIS Tech, primarily using Java/J2EE related tech stack
- Exhibit good problem solving and analytical skills in designing/developing solutions for business requirements
- Contribute to ongoing feature development of web applications based on service-oriented architecture, involving UI, Services and databases
- Work with the development team leads/architects on technical/architectural direction of projects and collaborate with business analysts, developers, and QA analysts (both in-house and vendor)
- Evaluating functional requirements for new requests for meaningful design/development tasks
- Work with cross functional, globally dispersed development teams to support development efforts to meet business requirements.
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance of software applications
- Participate in design, architecture and code reviews and participate in a collaborative development environment
- Working in Agile environment and track progress towards key deliverables
- Provide Production Support of applications by helping the team to solve Production Incidents, root cause analysis, code defect fixes, data analysis, troubleshooting etc.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s in Engineering/Computer science
- 0-3 years of total software development experience
- 0-3 years Hands-on experience in design, development, testing and operational support of Java, J2EE, JMS, SOAP/REST, SQL, JSON, XML based applications
- Good Understanding of Object-Oriented design and development
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) with understanding of Web Services (REST and SOAP)
- Experience with Java based frameworks: JPA, Springboot, Spring, Hibernate etc.
- Experience with Microservices and design patterns
- Agile Scrum experience., while displaying familiarity/experience with other SDLC approaches
- Good SQL and database knowledge
- Experience with JBOSS Studio, Eclipse and/similar IDE tools
- Knowledge of build/dependency management tools such as Maven and SCM tools like Subversion, Bit Bucket, GitHub etc.
- Experience in application containerization, familiar with tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Platform9, ECS, EKS, Openshift, Cloud Foundry
- Exposure to any cloud platforms (AWS/GCP/Azure) and exposure to services (or their equivalent ones) like API Gateway, IAM, S3, SNS, SQS, Lambda, RDS, DynamoDB, EKS, ECS, Kafka etc.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.