Motorola Solutions is offering an exciting opportunity for Internship Trainees in Bangalore. Whether you’re pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or a Master’s Degree, this internship program provides a valuable chance to gain hands-on experience with a globally recognized technology leader.
Company Name: Motorola Solutions
Job Role: Internship Trainee
Position Type: Intern
Software Engineer Co-Op position within Unified Communications Tier 3 department is a cross-functional, high-visibility role that works closely with Customers, CMSO, Offer Managers, Sales and development teams to ensure that all the PTT Issues are resolved and the customer’s experience of using PTT service is positive, seamless and satisfying.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Engineers will be responsible for aiding to keep the system up for all the mission critical systems deployed across the world.
- Work closely with CMSO (customer facing teams) and Software Engineers/Testers to monitor and respond to various alerts/system performance, follow up on issues raised, and continually work to optimize and improve the performance, security and reliability of our systems, processes and technologies.
- Engineers should be responsible to provide flexible timings for any ad-hoc support as required to satisfy the critical services agreed with the customer.
- Conduct system analysis, configuration management and improvements for system software performance, availability and reliability.
- Able to troubleshoot complicated, cross platform issues handling OS, Networking, Database in a cloud-based SaaS environment and handle live production incidents, debug/troubleshoot application and infrastructure issues.
- Document your system knowledge as you acquire it over time, create runbooks, and ensure critical system information is readily available to those who need it. At the end of the Co-Op term, a proper handoff document is a must for others to pick it up.
- Apply automation and software to any tasks or parts of the system that would benefit from it or are performed manually. (Continuous improvement mindset across is a must!)
- Must be pursuing a Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree.
- Graduation date must occur on or after December 2023.
- Strong knowledge of the ISO-OSI Networking Protocols (Layer3 to Layer7) – Switching, Routing, Load balancing and, a base knowledge of TCP/IP, and application protocols like HTTP/HTTPs and DNS.
- Working knowledge with Linux (any of Unix flavors like CentOS, RedHat) and shell commands such as bash, editors like vim, remote access like ssh.
- Python programming working knowledge.
- Basic bash scripting skills.
- Working knowledge with database and skills like SQL query language is a must.
- Knowledge on any one of the public cloud platforms like AWS, Azure and architectures like Microservices.