Qualcomm India Private Limited is currently seeking a dedicated Engineer for their Core Tech Platform Development team. To be considered for this role, candidates are required to possess a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field. With an experience range of 1-4 years, candidates should bring their expertise to contribute to Qualcomm’s cutting-edge technology initiatives. This exciting opportunity is based in the tech hub of Bangalore, offering a chance to work at the forefront of innovation within the field.
Company Name: Qualcomm India Private Limited
Job Role: Engineer – Core Tech Platform Development
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
Experience Required: 1-4 years
Job Location: Bangalore
The role is to develop firmware for Qualcomm’s range of Wearable chips. This will be embedded application and middleware software running on the on-chip processors. It will involve coding in ‘C’ within a resource constrained multi-processor environment. Engineer will take ownership of a project components and will be responsible for delivering the software on timescales agreed with group leader/programme manager. The engineer should be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multitask in a paced environment.
- Capability to comprehend and capture accurate requirements.
- Define tasks and create work breakdown including estimation of tasks.
- Ability to prioritize requests and communicate priorities.
- Develop and test software of major scale and complexity to agreed timescales.
- Maintain firmware software components including defect investigation.
- Conduct software peer reviews.
- Create relevant documentation following the department’s processes.
- Track hardware changes and understand impact on firmware.
- Design firmware components that require to be enhanced and adapted to existing design.
- Deliver high-quality firmware in line with the department’s processes.
- Contribute to continuous development of the department’s processes.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- Excellent C, python or assembly programming skills with proven experience of writing efficient code for low powered and memory constrained systems.
- Experience with chip bring up and sound knowledge of digital hardware along with ability to read board schematics.
- Knowledge of RTOS environments (Exposure to Zephyr or FreeRTOS is very desirable)
- Knowledge of realizing low-power use cases, sensors in the world of smart watches will be an asset.
- Knowledge of software/hardware interfacing with understanding of software cross-compilation for embedded platforms.
- Exposure to working on FPGA based emulation setups, debugging tools and use of utilities like logic analyzers, oscilloscope, JTAG interfaces over Lauterbach/J-Link.
- Experience of on-chip software development with a clear understanding of chip development life cycle and exposure to SoCs, peripherals and embedded environments.
- Ability to provide work breakdown for new features with feasibility study, effort estimates and risk mitigation.
- Basic knowledge of computer sciences such as data structures, computer architecture and/or operating systems. – OR –
- Basic knowledge of electronics engineering such as analog or digital electronics and/or communication theory and/or signal processing.
- Understanding of processor architectures (RISC-V or Cortex-M ARM architecture would be highly desirable).
- Strong communication skills with ability to evaluate and create design documentation detailing complex features and relationships.
- Knowledge of embedded platforms peripherals such as UART, SPI, I2C, I3C, USB, SDIO etc.
- 1-4 years of relevant industry work experience.
- Excellent debugging, trouble shooting and analytical skills that may be applied to resolve potential system issues.