Qualcomm India Private Limited is looking for an enthusiastic candidate to fill the position of GAOC Accountant, Associate in Hyderabad. The role requires candidates to hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, making it an excellent opportunity for recent graduates or individuals with up to two years of experience. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of one year of experience in Finance and Accounting, demonstrating a foundation in financial principles and practices. This role provides an exciting opportunity to initiate a career in accounting within a globally renowned technology company.
Company Name: Qualcomm India Private Limited
Job Title: GAOC Accountant, Associate
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Experience Required: 0 to 2 Years
Job Location: Hyderabad, Telangana
The Global Accounting Operations Center (GAOC), a component of the Qualcomm Controllership Team, is in charge to provide support in the accounting activities related to closing of the books of Qualcomm affiliates across globe. Services scope include preparatory and closing activities in areas like Compensation & Benefit, Treasury, Account receivable, Cash & Banking, Payments, Closing & Reporting, Intercompany, Fixed Assets and General Accounting.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Manage and perform US GAAP general accounting activities.
- Prepare and record properly supported standard entries.
- Perform activities required for month-end closing (preparing and posting journal entries, GL analysis, TB review and variance analysis and other ad-hoc support as required by the business) according to the respective business deadlines.
- Perform monthly and quarterly account reconciliation according to Qualcomm Policies.
- Provide ad hoc reports to HQ, local controllership team and other finance functions.
- Provide timely and appropriate financial data and supporting documentation to internal and external auditors.
- Besides the main tasks and responsibilities listed above, responsible for completing any other tasks assigned by her/his supervisor or manager.
Qualification & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (B.Com Graduate) with 0-2 years of proven accounting experience.
- 1+ year of Finance, Accounting, or related work experience.
- Accounting experience in a multi-GAAP environment and shared service center is a plus.
- Exposure in working in ERP instance (preferably Oracle).
- Excellent written and verbal fluency in English.
- Ability to learn/understand standards & processes quickly and adhere to them accurately.
- Has good fundamental organization & prioritization skills.
- Flexible approach with a strong team spirit.
- Effective interpersonal & communication skills and highly professional style.
- Comfortable delivering against quantitative and qualitative performance metrics.
- Numerate with a good eye for detail.
- Proficient IT skills including Excel and Outlook.
- Experience of working in large Multi-National Company will be an added advantage for the candidate.
*Completed advanced degree in a relevant field may be substituted for up to one year (Master’s = one year) of work experience.