RTX, a leading company in the technology sector, is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Associate Engineer – Mechanical Design. The ideal candidate for this role should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, and preferably a Master’s in Mechanical Design, Manufacturing, or Production Engineering. The company requires applicants to have a minimum of 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience in the field. The job is located in the vibrant city of Bangalore, Karnataka, a hub for technological innovation and engineering excellence.
Company Name: RTX (Raytheon Technologies)
Job Role: Associate Engineer – Mechanical Design
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and or Master’s in mechanical Design /Manufacturing / Production Engineering
Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
Job Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Designs major components or major portions of Aircraft systems – Lighting Systems. Develops or improves products and facilitates manufacturing operations. Collaborates with cross functional team including the Business unit in Germany and USA. Meets program schedules and budgets.
- Designs major components or major portions of Aircraft systems – Lighting Systems
- Participates in Engineering Change Management Process – Teamcenter
- Ability to read, understand and create technical drawings, sketches (software: CATIA)
- Develops data and makes parametric models and notes for design proposals.
- Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replaceability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements, regulatory requirements, and cost.
- Document best practices and fosters cross-departmental collaboration.
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement – Lean and/or 6 sigma.
- Proficiency Microsoft office – Word, Excel, and Presentation
- Communicates with business units in USA and Germany (effective written and verbal communication is required for the purpose of achieving successful job performance)
- Team Player and Interpersonal skill to work with cross functional team.
- Attention to details to ensure high quality work to customers.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 1 to 3 years of Industry experience with experience in New Product Development / Manufacturing / Sustaining Engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and or Master’s in mechanical Design /Manufacturing / Production Engineering.
- Knowledge on machine design, materials, and manufacturing processes.