Room to Read, a global non-profit organization dedicated to improving literacy and gender equality in education, is searching for a dedicated Analyst. The ideal candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree and have 1-2 years of relevant experience. This opportunity is based in the heart of New Delhi, where you will be part of a passionate team working towards a noble cause.
Company Name: Room to Read
Job Title: Analyst
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience Required: 1-2 years
Job Location: New Delhi
Duties & Responsibilities:
Data Management and Account Coordination:
- Manage offline gift processing for Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and Australia, including the processing of checks, bank transfers, and stock gifts; scanning all checks and backup information, reviewing and identifying correct coding, entering data into fundraising software (Salesforce NPSP) and issuing receipts based on each market’s needs.
- Download third-party donor reports and prepare files for gift entry as needed.
- Manage third party IN and APAC gift processing in terms of importing and exporting for processing and reconciliation as well as routine updates and requests from vendors.
- Enter gifts in NPSP from India Gift Log, manage communication for gift coding and review supporting documents with the India development team
- Maintain accurate donor records in our Salesforce database, including importing of new records, cross-checking imported data.
- Data management of Salesforce database: monitor Chatter requests screen and de-duplicate records, perform mass updates for recoding donations when needed, update addresses, and overall ensure data quality.
- Monitor sustainer gifts to manage duplicates and other issues.
- Maintain all receipts across all worldwide fundraising offices are running correctly, making updates as changes are needed, and working with the Associate Manager to troubleshoot when needed.
- Manage GSD functions for the development team including tracking inventory, completed allocation requests and overseeing the dedication language process where needed Manage or assist the Associate Director of Global Business Operations in managing projects or initiatives that will lead to process improvements and development of best practices.
Reconciliation, Audit and Reporting:
- Assist with reconciling donations on a monthly basis with the Accounting team and attend monthly meetings.
- Work with the Accounting team in Delhi to ensure proper coding and reconciliation of IN gifts.
- Follow, review, and enhance best practice guidelines for ensuring integrity of the IN and APAC data records.
- Maintain APAC receipting compliance and donation remittance documents and update to keep current.
- Support the APAC and IN audit processes by meeting with auditor and supplying all information required for audit investigations.
- Provide reporting for matching gift pledges database.
- Generate reports from the database as requested.
Team and Event Support:
- Oversee corporate matching gift process, including matching gift file maintenance; research and confirm gifts to be matched; prepare and mail matching gift application forms; acknowledge matching gifts; follow up with matching gift donors as needed;
- Provide remote, and when needed in person, database management and operations support for APAC and IN events, managing registration, reviewing investment levels, donation processing, and overseeing ticket payment.
- Collaborate with global team members on projects related to the database.
- Other ad hoc duties, as necessary to support the APAC, IN, and DevOps teams.
- Other Tasks as necessary.
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, or relevant work experience.
- 1-2 years of work experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail and results oriented.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English with the ability to adjust communication style based on the audience.
- Adept at using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with databases and ability to continually learn new technology, database processes and procedures as needed.
- Comfort working with numbers and calculations.
- Proactive and tenacious troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong work ethic and ability to juggle multiple priorities with competing deadlines.
- Flexibility and positive attitude.
- Legally eligible to work in India; no sponsorship provided.
- History of dedicated volunteer activity and/or commitment to non-profit organizations.
- Previous experience working with relational databases and/or web integration tools.
- Previous experience working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Experience in project management.