Tata Communications is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Engineer – Platform Planning & Design based in Chennai, India. The company is looking for individuals with a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electronics & Telecommunications. This role is open to candidates with varying levels of experience, ranging from 0 to 4 years, providing opportunities for both entry-level professionals and those with some experience in the field.
Company Name: Tata Communications
Job Role: Engineer – Platform Planning & Design
Education Required: Bachelor of engineering degree in Electronics & Telecommunications
Experience Required: 0 – 4 years
Job Location: Chennai, India
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the delivery of services both at the network level and service level. Node/ card integration, circuit provisioning, co-ordination with field engineers on testing, preparation for
- migration and execution.
- Capable of identifying key issues & priorities and focusing on these to deliver required results with minimal direction and supervision.
- Provide suggestions and solutions to customer on the technical issues in transmission and transport network, support them to resolve it as per their request.
- Identify and work on cost saving initiatives which brings benefit to customer in terms of Opex and Capex savings.
- Document plans, requests, activities & specifications and report on them.
- Support Implementing process and technology improvements to increase operational and organizational efficiency.
- Work in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders in the identification of deployment, organizational and/or procedural issues and bring about swift and effective solutions.
- Follow industry’s standards and best practices.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven work experience as a telecommunications specialist in Network Implementation & Site.
- Closure/Optimization & NOC Operations.
- Hands on experience with all telecommunications systems like PDH, SDH, DWDM & OTN technologies (Marconi SMA and 16xx family, Nortel TNxx family, Ciena 6500, Ciena 5400, Nortel 5200, Multiwave, MHL 3K, Nokia DMS & System X Switches, PDH 4/3/2 order mux and various PDH, SDH and DWDM legacy platforms) and management systems (NMS and EMS) of various
- vendor equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate data in required inventory databases (inventory systems like MORI, Cramer 8, Remedy and Clarify)
- Fair knowledge on IP data network.
- Experience with design and implementation of efficient operational processes for service/resource performance and quality management.
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate with different audiences representing various technical disciplines across multiple job levels to achieve results.
- Adequate interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience in planning, designing, building, and implementing Core Telecom Network.
- Hands on experience in legacy platform migrations and network optimization projects that involve providing professional support services and/or the integration, implementation and transition of large complex core Telecom network.
- Bachelor of engineering degree in Electronics & Telecommunications or relevant field.