Tata Communications is seeking candidates for the position of Engineer – Network Operations & Support in Pune. The ideal candidate should be a graduate with 0-4 years of relevant experience. This role requires individuals who are customer-centric, capable of dealing with ambiguity and pressure, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Candidates should be willing to accept challenges and exhibit a highly dynamic nature in their approach.
Company Name: Tata Communications
Job Role: Engineer – Network Operations & Support
Education Required: Graduate
Experience Required: 0-4 years of experience
Job Location: Pune
- Responsible for the Processing Change Requests / Change Tickets which are raised by TCL SA/FO/NOC and it’s Providers/NW Partners/Last Mile BSOs Globally.
- Ensure efficient and effective service as per SLAs.
- Engineer would be maintaining the Network Change Management of Tata Communications as well as their Partners Change Requests that impact Tata Communications Network and/or Services.
- Engineer would be responsible for verification of SIA & NIA.
- Responsible for arranging acceptance/approvals from various stake holders.
- Maintain quality standards to achieve optimal levels of operation and KPI targets.
- Tracks and Measure Change Management (CHGP TT Life Cycle) processing and Execution Success, Compliance Adherences as routine – Approval Notifications and Internal Broadcast TATs, Closure TATs, Quality of Communications and Execution Updates made by Implementers / Owners.
- Responsible for maintaining smooth operations with Cross Functional teams.
- He/She would also be capable of / responsible for discussion with cross functional teams & stake holders for issues/disagreements raised by Field operations pertaining to Change Management Activities/Requests.
- Engineer would be interlocking with the various international teams for processing change tickets.
- Engineer would be responsible for participating in / arranging CAB Calls – Internal as well as with Change Requesters, Field, SOC and NOC Teams, stake holders etc.
- Operational role which is responsible for delivering results that have direct impact on the achievement of results within Service Assurance.
- Engineer will have to support day / extended day shifts between 9AM – 9PM IST operational Hours for Global Changes on Weekday only.
- Subject to Revision as 24*7 shift environment in future if the need be.
Technical Skills Required:
- Good understanding of Various telecom Standards and Protocols
- Switching, Transmission and IP knowledge
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Networks
- Knowledge of Transport networks (DWDM, SDH, etc.) and WAN troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Service Platforms and Major Applications (Not Mandatory but preferred).
- Understanding on AI, CLOUD Computing, SDWAN etc.
Functional and Behavioral Skills Required:
- Excellent understanding of Excel, Word, Office 365
- Good understanding of IP & Transmission Connectivity.
- Exposure to ticketing tools like Service Now, etc.
- Certified on English Proficiency (E.g. SVAR certification score > 50)
- Should have worked with Cross functional team.
- Understanding of ITIL process framework and Service desk concepts
- Co-ordination with various internal stake holders and as well external Stake holders and customers for problem resolution
- Escalation handling and management from service assurance perspective till the closure of Change ticket.
- Initiate and participate in various CSAT activities.
- Co-ordination with various internal stake holders and as well external international customers for Change approvals.
- Escalation handling and management from service assurance perspective till the closure of Change Ticket.
- Experience in using tools like EMS, PMS, OSS, BSS & REGI Understanding of ITIL process framework and Service desk concepts is preferred.
- Good Analytical, Diagnostic and Problem-Solving skills.
- Customer Centricity, Dealing with ambiguity and pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Should be willing to accept challenges and highly dynamic in nature.
- Good aptitude to learn new technology.
- Should be a very good team player.
- Customer centricity.