Telstra is currently seeking enthusiastic individuals for the position of Software Engineering – Associate. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity with a closing application date of December 14, 2023. The positions are available in three dynamic locations: Hyderabad, Bangalore, and Pune. It’s a chance to work on innovative projects, grow your skills, and contribute to the evolving world of technology.
Company Name: Telstra
Job Title: Software Engineering – Associate
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Last Date: 14-12-2023
Job Location: Hyderabad, Bangalore, Pune
- As a Software Engineering–Associate, your role centres on collaborating with and supporting your team across a range of Software Engineering activities. Under close supervision from more senior team members, you will be responsible for minor assignments that enable you to gain a practical understanding of the DevOps role.
- In this role, you will embrace a culture of continuous improvement, and contribute to establishing a sustainable framework of continuous integration, quality assurance monitoring and testing. Your teamwork skills, continuous learning mindset, and ability to adapt to feedback are critical to success in this role, as you develop your knowledge and experience in the Software Engineering Domain.
- As a key team member, assist in developing, deploying, and improve specific software application elements technologies and their interaction with Telstra processes and systems to deliver products and services to customer business units.
- Understand the practices, processes, terminology, tools & artefacts used in DevOps
- Translation of business requirements into software applications that translate into realisable products, services, or systems in a timely, high quality and cost-effective way to ensure the operational capability to deliver reliable customer experience.
- Development of technology guidelines and standards in the design and deployment of technology.
- Introduction and exposure to languages and platforms viz: o Core programming languages such as Java, MERN & MEAN stacks, Spring, SFDC, Vlocity, ServiceNow, Kotlin, Swift & Amdocs o Testing methodology and tools o CI/CD pipelines such as Bamboo & Jenkins o AWS & cloud, PCF o Security i.e. writing secure code, working with security testing tools. o Agile practices – JIRA.
- Introduction and exposure to operational monitoring tools and frameworks: Apache, Splunk, Dynatrace, and Pagerduty.
- Understand your career pathway options, determine where you want to go in your career and use organisational tools, techniques and support systems to get you there.
- Uses a range of techniques to gather functional and non-functional requirements from business/customer stakeholders, analyzing requirements for feasibility and producing clear documentation.
- Engages with customers from the outset to understand their needs and challenges.
- Selects design patterns that take advantage of Cloud-Native capabilities and adapts these for project requirements.
- Follows security design principles to embed security within software design.
- Engages development teams to review design and solution prototypes.
- Documents architecture using clear technical language to enable others to effectively use the software.
- Supports the redesign of software for the cloud using microservices Problem solving Understanding problems, exploring root causes and evaluating solutions to quickly and effectively solve problems Skilled.