Teradata is actively seeking qualified individuals for the position of Cloud Security Engineer in Telangana, India. The role requires candidates to hold an MS/BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, with a preference for advanced degrees. The ideal candidate should possess a profound understanding of cloud, network, and infrastructure security, showcasing expertise in securing solutions within complex hybrid cloud enterprise and SaaS environments. An essential aspect of the role involves implementing security best practices collaboratively with development teams and systems owners.
Company Name: Teradata
Job Role: Cloud Security Engineer
Education Required: MS/ BS degree
Job Location: Telangana, India
- Deploy and configure production security tools and services to monitor and protect cloud workloads, networks, and endpoints.
- Serve as the security subject matter expect around Security Engineering topics, processes, and tools.
- Partner closely with Product and IT teams to implement cohesive security solutions across diverse computing environments.
- Implement scalable processes for provisioning cloud access and maintaining least-privilege.
- Problem solve and identify potential alternatives to solve challenges, explaining any trade-offs and risks effectively.
- Collaborate with security leadership, architecture, compliance, and operations teams to execute on security strategies.
- Assess and propose solutions regarding cloud security to leadership.
- Identify and automate security processes and practices.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging security threats, trends, and best practices.
Required Skills and Qualification:
- MS/BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field. Advanced degree highly preferred
- A deep understanding of cloud, network, and infrastructure security
- Knowledge how to secure solutions in complex hybrid cloud enterprise and SaaS environment(s)
- Ability to implement security best practices in partnership with development teams and systems owners
- Familiarity with one or more cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, and/or GCP and their security offerings
- Understand Infrastructure as Code (IaC) languages, such as, Terraform, CloudFormation, Helm, Ansible, etc.
- Ability to automate tasks using Powershell, Python, Bash, or Go
- An understanding of one or more programming languages such as Python, Powershell, Bash, etc.
- Ability to understand and implement secure architectural design patterns in the cloud
- Knowledge of security best practices and common security frameworks such as NIST, ISO, Common Criteria, OWASP, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business representatives in explaining security topics and requirements/risks clearly to stakeholders from engineering to senior leadership
- Ability to document deployment diagrams and operational run books
- An understanding of compliance requirements such as FedRAMP, PCI-DSS, HIPAA