Thomson Reuters, a globally recognized leader in information services, is currently seeking qualified candidates for the role of Software Engineer. The company is looking for individuals with a strong educational background, requiring a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology (B.Tech, M.Tech, MCA). The ideal candidate for this position would have 1-2 years of relevant experience, showcasing their expertise in the field. Based in the vibrant city of Hyderabad, Telangana, India, this opportunity offers a dynamic work environment at the forefront of technological innovation.
Company Name: Thomson Reuters
Job Role: Software Engineer
Education Required: Bachelors or Masters degree
Experience Required: 1-2 years
Job Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
- Writes new software, makes modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with written specifications.
- Develops and integrates applications as per written specifications.
- Carries out unit testing, ensuring application meets needs of client and business.
- Translates technical requirements and design documentation into application code and modules.
- May provide technical support to operations or other development teams
- Contributes to and maintains technical documentation / manual related to assigned components to ensure supportability.
- Works under direct supervision in performing maintenance on existing software products or straightforward software enhancements.
- Makes suggestions for problem solutions or software enhancements, which will typically be reviewed by a more senior developer.
- Implements solutions as directed within standards and with guidance from more senior engineers.
- Participates in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements.
- Typically works on one project at a time and as a member of the project team(s) or as part of a specialist cross-project team on multiple developments.
- Works on smaller, minimally complex projects or a particular system or application within larger projects that requires a singular area of expertise
- Provides status updates for own scope of work within projects.
- Participates in internal team and status meetings.
- Develops software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to industry standards and software best practice guidelines.
- Ability to create application design specifications and document coding efforts.
- Be excited about and enjoy developing software using the latest technologies as well as legacy technology.
- Timely completion of assignments with quality.
- Troubleshooting and debugging, technical problems.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply technical knowledge to business
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science, Information Technology, (B.Tech, M.Tech, MCA) with 1-2 years of previous software development experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge on software engineering methods such as Object Oriented Programming concepts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of source control management systems and frameworks such as Git, ADO, TFS, Node.js, Angular, or any front-end frameworks.
- Working with Microservices Architecture, test-driven development practices, Azure / AWS will all be a good add-on experience
- Flexibility to work on both TR’s proprietory Desktop and Cloud based software products and solutions.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Analytical programming , logical writing, analysis and excellent debugging skills.
- Have strong attention to detail and strong numeric and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language.
- Have the ability to work on projects/issues solo as well as work in a team environment.