Yahoo, an iconic name in the tech industry, is currently on the lookout for fresh talent to join their team in the position of Senior Manager, Service Reliability Engineering. This role requires candidates to hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, emphasizing Yahoo’s commitment to hiring individuals with a strong educational foundation. Remarkably, Yahoo is open to considering freshers for this role, providing an excellent opportunity for recent graduates to embark on a fulfilling career in service reliability engineering. The position, which spans across India.
Company Name: Yahoo
Job Role: Sr Mgr, Service Reliability Engineering
Education Required: BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
Experience Required: Freshers
Job Location: Across India
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead and grow a team focused on operations, reliability and infrastructure.
- Build best practices and present proposals for SRE strategy and direction.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering leaders to ensure that operational and reliability requirements are clearly articulated and integrated into the product roadmap.
- Dive deep into availability, performance and scalability issues/outages for platforms and provide technical leadership for immediate and proactive resolutions.
- Manage on-call rotations and provide inputs to your team and partners to sustain SLAs.
- Foster trust & alignment across teams to collaborate effectively across teams and partners to achieve Yahoo’s goals.
- Advocate for performance, security, global scale, and automation.
- Define and be held accountable for process, metrics, and SLAs for our operations and infrastructure.
- Foster the engineering culture on existing teams, emphasizing empathy, collaboration, innovation, and reliability!
- Support personal and career development of your team through active coaching, mentoring and aligning opportunities with skill-sets.
- Recruit and hire candidates to support your team with the right skills & diversity.
Required Skills and Qualification:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute.
- Experience with managing multiple teams or a team of at least 5-8 engineers both locally and remotely.
- Experience in the fields of devops, infrastructure engineering, systems engineering, or site reliability engineering.
- Creative problem solver who understands and can articulate the tradeoffs involved in technical approaches, and can demonstrate pragmatism and resourcefulness when confronted with constraints.
- Knowledge of devops technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, Chef, GIT, Jenkins, Ansible).
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments with a grasp on system internals.
- Worked on large-scale distributed systems including multi-tiered architecture.
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, application security, monitoring and storage
- Demonstrate empathy with non-technical audiences and engineers whose area of interest or experience lies outside of SRE and Infrastructure.
- Demonstrate strong opinions informed by experience on subjects like infrastructure-as-code, containerization, microservice orchestration, distributed systems, incident response, and AWS, and are willing to experiment to refine those opinions.
- Experience leading, motivating, and mentoring fast moving, highly-skilled infrastructure engineering teams; adept at navigating and improving both social and technical systems.
- You are someone who is comfortable identifying technical and process-related shortcomings, and who can lay out a vision to fix them, and isn’t afraid to institute change by experimentation.