Yahoo is currently hiring for the position of Site Reliability Engineer I, with a focus on recruiting fresh talent across India. The ideal candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent industry experience. As a Site Reliability Engineer I at Yahoo, the selected candidate will play a crucial role in ensuring the reliability and efficiency of the company’s systems. This opportunity is perfect for recent graduates looking to kickstart their careers in the field of site reliability engineering. Yahoo’s commitment to hiring freshers reflects its dedication to fostering new talent and providing them with the opportunity to contribute to the company’s success.
Company Name: Yahoo
Job Role: Site Reliability Engineer I
Education Required: BS in Computer Science or a related technical field; or equivalent industry experience.
Experience Required: Freshers
Job Location: Across India
Role and Responsibilities:
- Monitor, detect, and triage issues of varying complexity and at scale.
- Manage system builds, configuration, patches, and upgrades.
- Collaborate with other service, network, and facilities teams.
- Apply creative and practical solutions to resolve non-routine problems.
- Develop and apply tools to automate deployment, administration, and monitoring.
- Apply experience about system methodologies, designs, and troubleshooting techniques.
- The ideal candidates should have a range of computer science skills, be results-oriented, driven, and possess a demonstrable sense of ownership.
Required Skills and Qualification:
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field; or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience with Linux and Operating System principles.
- Experience with container-based solutions like Docker.
- Experience with at least one system language, such as C, C++, Go, or Rust.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, application security, monitoring, and storage.
- Ability to communicate with non-technical audiences and engineers whose area of interest or experience lies outside SRE and Infrastructure.