Amazon is currently on the lookout for a Digital Content Associate to join their team in Chennai. This role is open to graduates who exhibit a knack for problem-solving, data analysis, and troubleshooting issues related to content editing. Preferred qualifications for this position include strong interpersonal skills for managing relationships with software teams and inter-operations teams. The essential skills required for this role encompass a good aptitude, knowledge of Excel, and the ability to communicate effectively. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with one of the world’s leading companies, contributing to their digital content management in Chennai.
Company Name: Amazon
Job Role: Digital Content Associate
Education Required: Graduate
Job Location: Chennai
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- The Primary responsibility of the role is to perform Data operations in Digital Platform.
- The role will require the candidate to quickly understand the eBook content editing tools and operation workflow tools.
- Need to continuously adapt and learn new features on the Editors and improve on his/her acumen to quickly edit and fix up contents. He/she has to follow editing SOP to spot/catch errors in the content.
- Needs to perform content quality check to qualify user experience for content viewing (flow and format quality) and usage on the Kindle device. Need to use software tools for quality audit, content editing and data capture.
- The associate will need to be aware of the operations metrics like productivity (Number of titles processed per hour), quality (defect %age) and delivery/latency SLA. The associate will be measured on his compliance to these Metrics, SLA requirements, QA guidelines, team and personal goals.
- Should be a team player and come up with improvement ideas to his direct report and improve the editing/QA process.
- The associate will need to often contact stakeholders globally to provide status reports, communicate relevant information and escalate when needed.
- The role is an individual contributor role.
- The role requires a graduate degree with exposure to MS office and comfort with numbers.
- In addition the associate should have attention to detail, good communication skills, and a professional demeanor.
- May be required to audit /evaluate books with adult content.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Good Aptitude.
- Knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced work environment driven by complex software systems and processes.
- Self starter, good team player.
- Strong attention to detail in editing content and deep dive and identify root causes of issues.
- Good at problem solving, data analysis and troubleshooting issues related to content editing.
- Good interpersonal skills to manage ongoing relationships with software team and inter operations teams.
- Working knowledge of XML standards would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of or experience in Publishing industry is a big plus.
- Should be able to write SQL queries.