Amazon is currently seeking Transportation Specialists across India. The role requires candidates to hold a bachelor’s degree and possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. The position entails creating detailed narratives outlining weekly findings and variances to goals, as well as presenting these findings in review forums to leadership and stakeholders.
Company Name: Amazon
Job Role: Transportation Specialist
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree
Job Location: Across India
Communication with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Retail, Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers) through various mediums such as tickets, emails, cases and outbound calls.
- Escalating problems or variances in the information and data to the relevant owners and following through on resolutions.
- Ability to pull data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed is a plus.
- Develop and/or understand performance metrics to assist with driving business results.
- Ability to scope out business and functional requirements for the Amazon technology teams who create and enhance the software systems and tools are used by ROC.
- Must be able to quickly understand the business impact of the trends and make decisions that make sense based on available data.
- Must be able to systematically escalate problems or variance in the information and data to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure they are delivered.
- Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs, while measuring and identifying activities performed.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written as one may be required to create a narrative outlining weekly findings and the variances to goals, and present these finding in a review forum.
- Providing real-time customer experience by working in 24*7 operating environment and should be able to take phone calls extensively.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with excellent academic record·
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written as one may be required to create a narrative outlining weekly findings and the variances to goals, and present these findings in a review forum to the leadership/stakeholders
- Strong inter-personal and relationship-building skills.
- Availability to work in Night Shift
- Ability to prepare, report and interpret large sets of data
- Proficiency in Advanced Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookUps)
- Significant work experience in operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce is a plus.